Tuesday 17 June 2014

First Date


As mentioned, I did indeed have a 'date' shortly after obtaining the app, which included a piss-take sexy-selfie session with the flatties, before the more serious business of baiting. Within an hour I'd arranged for a guy to pick me up and take me to his house, which ended up being some distance from mine. 
Being without vehicle or licence might mean I'll have to set up separate funds for constant taxiing, as well as txt-bombing nearest and dearest with where I'm headed and with whom in case of Patrick Bateman-esque eventualities. 
Reckless? I guess so. But maybe there'd be less actual stranger-danger if there wasn't so much fearful expectation. And how is that any more reckless than going home half or fully intoxicated with someone you've just met in a bar? At least in my sobriety I could've knocked the cunt out, should things have turned nasty.
But they didn't. He was quite harmless. 
We went to his house, which he told me was his family home that he alone occupied while his separated parents were living out their new lives with new lovers, his sister (older or younger, he didn't specify) doing the same. It was kinda lonely, and yes he had cats. Lots of them. 
Was he cute? Yes. Half-cast Maori boy, arbitrary tats and piercings etc.
What'd we talk about, and was it awkward?
No it wasn't awkward, the feel between us was instantly chummy and comfortable. No inverted commas around chummy, I mean it. 
We wasted some time giving perfunctory back stories, smoking too many cigarettes in his man-cave/converted-garage, wasting even more time watching an episode of Game of Thrones which I'm not even into but didn't have the heart to say because I spied one of the books half-read on his bedside table. 
It was while Jon Snow impaled some burn-face enemy (I think it was a zombie or something) that I made my move, figuring this kid in that cultish revery Thrones casts. 
And fuck me was it good! To think I'd been bored of a Tuesday evening, thinking of going to bed before nine for fucks sake, and in two hours max with no groundwork or nothing really, just the swipe and type of a screen, suddenly not just good but AMAZING sex was happening!
Anyway, afterward it was unclear whether he'd be taking me home or not, which was preferable because tomorrow was 'me' day (treats and books, booyah!). After a coffee and more cigarettes and more unnecessary back-storying I gauged awkwardly that he would take me home, during which the back-storying peaked with an exchange of our hopes for the future, an element of melodrama stemming perhaps from a sense of finality, of our 'date' coming to an end and of having been mutually satisfied and of maybe not seeing each other ever again, such is the nature of the game (sigh).

And he dropped me off and I reminded him he had to pick up food for his cats on the way home like he asked me to, and he thanked me for said-reminder and that was that. Mission accomplished. Welcome to grindr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment