Saturday 13 September 2014

To Live And To Let

(or A CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST)

In the name of all things spontaneous, I let an itch dictate (as per usual) and had a hookup at nine o'clock in the morning. I didn't have work until that evening, and with a good eight hours to kill had nothing but empty propriety to dissuade me from thinking it a good idea. Which it definitely was because this was one of the more satisfying fucks I've had recently (do I just have a negligent short term memory?), but looking back there were environmental factors embedding and hallowing the event, such as the weather (pristine) and already being in an open, breezy mood akin to glee-club preludes.
The guy had a really nice place situated in an inner city nook angled to conceal some of our eye-sores, so that looking out I only saw heritage buildings against clear blue sky, pigeons and all, like some antiquarians Parisian fantasy.  Then he made me coffee and we exchanged the usual stats over a Marlboro light. 
This is done to simulate intimacy for those not entirely convinced of the nobility of so mannered a meeting. I've had hookups where after opening a door you're hurtling towards a silent expectant body, all necessary information previously submitted in chat. And that's fine.
But this one had wobbles, hadn't been in the country for too long, from Sydney and of a delectable Persian/Fijian blend, and I'm guessing was using grindr more for finding friends in the city, and that our sex was a lovely mishap (for him, I'm the lecher).
So we talked, before and after. We talked about some stigma within the community regarding grindr that I was unaware of. He'd apparently felt judged one night, had overheard some guys saying in disparaging tones, 'I've seen that guy on grindr', as if to say how desperate or pathetic the app is. Well buddy, what's your excuse? If you're going to chase tail for its own sake, live and let live cunt. I'm done with nonsensical sexual hypocrisy, I'm officially calling it off for the rest of 2014 and thereafter. I relish the privileges of our liberal society, no it's not perfect but bagging its perks is counter productive. Intolerance is perhaps even more galling when it comes from fellow fags.
They're just jealous bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment