Monday 8 September 2014

Hags

I used grindr drunk and between the hours of four and six am the other night, which I'm understanding is standard practice, new to me though seeing as I'm without a smart phone and use a tablet without data, thus I go fishing from home. If I had the app with me at all times I'd be significantly less productive and/or punctual, generally. 
I'm going to refrain from using it at this time, and in a similar state in future. In hindsight it was out of some weekend fomo compulsion, getting home to an empty bed still a nubile twenty four year old (cough) under the influence. It just didn't feel right. 
However the resulting hookup was hurried and subpar. And I felt less in control. 
But, he was cute, and there was some promise of seeing each other again, perhaps both of us feeling the lamentable circumstances of our meeting and wishing to repair first impressions accordingly. His flat mate was a fuck wit though. It's like nine am and she storms in on a Sunday morning declaring he's meant to be up and drinking with her, oblivious to the fact he's got a bed-pal as she lifts the blinds, or not so oblivious as she sees my dishevelled and disbelieving head above the covers and tells me I look eerily like Ben, on which they both agree. Who the fuck is Ben? And excuse me, but could you tell your hag to rein it in? I'm naked for fucks sake! 
What's weird is this isn't the first brush I've had with an invasive fag-hag flatmate in the last few months, both of whom are single no doubt. Would this kind of behaviour be acceptable on the flip side, with my hookup storming into her room one groggy morning-after, disrupting her innocent cuddles with a presumably conservative het buddy?
I don't think so. Basic boundaries in any living situation shouldn't be affected by somebody's sexual orientation. I found it patronising. 
Also, sort your fucking drinking out! Unless its mimosas over brunch or you're holidaying in the Greek isles, Sunday morning beverages other than water range from coffee to smoothies. Period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment